Tuesday, October 6, 2015

WHAT ARE THE ACTIVE CANNABINOIDS IN MARIJUANA?

In an earlier post I discussed trichrome maturity.

Trichrome maturity can affect the way the body and brain interact with different cannabinoids. So I thought I'd move the conversation towards cannabinoids with a couple of resources talking about the science behind them.

Well, for starters, let's take a look at what Wikipedia has to say -


"Cannabinoids are a class of diverse chemical compounds that act on cannabinoid receptors in cells that repress neurotransmitter release in the brain. Ligands for these receptor proteins include the endocannabinoids (produced naturally in the body by humans and animals)..." - Wikipedia


Here's a pretty picture that breaks down some of the cannabinoid types -


© sespe.org

As you can see from the infographic produced by the good folks over at sespe.org, there's a lot more to the story. There's also an excellent article that accompanies this infosheet.

As the medical community begins to realize the healing potential of cannabis, hopefully we'll see more targeted therapies derived from concentrated forms of select cannabinoids, and not just THC and CBD.

3 comments:

  1. It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or advice. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read even more things about it!
    best cbd oil

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a very good post indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it in my lunch time. Will surely come and visit this blog more often. Thanks for sharing. top dog cbd

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated. What is CBD

    ReplyDelete